Wednesday, December 02, 2009

three years

There are a few words in the English language that naturally elicits smirks. Words like "prunes" and "egg salad" can bring schoolchildren into endless fits of giggles. Unbeknowst to me, our home city is one of these words with its own built in laugh track. Whenever I mention where I live, people would try to smother their laughter in, what I would imagine, disbelief that someone would actually live in Derby.

Recently, we celebrated our three years of living in the UK but, more specifically, three years of living in Derby. As a tribute to our city, here are some of my favourite photos throughout the years.






2 comments:

Kris said...

Lovely photos!

Congratulations on submiting your thesis. What a relief that must be!

Caitlin said...

Hey, just thought I'd drop you a line and let you know that I've really been enjoying reading your blog! I'm a Canadian dreaming of moving to the UK one day, and I'm really excited for you to continue blogging about your life.
Hope all is well!
-Caitlin