Monday, April 13, 2009

(old) york

It's been a tiring few weeks for me. I spend most of my days in front of the computer monitor endlessly running regression models, writing thesis chapters, and revising a list of very extensive comments for a scientific article. If I do take a break, it's to exercise at the gym, to run in the neighbourhood, to go grocery shopping, or to bake. And, in the current state of frazzleness I am in, my reliable baking resulted in this recently:


(these are supposed to be muffins, by the way)

As this past weekend was a four-day weekend, I proclaimed to take one day off and to go somewhere new.

York has long been on our list of places to see in the UK; however, we're not too sure why it has taken us over 2 years to cross it off our to-do list considering it's only 1.5 hours away by train.

So on Saturday we boarded a train for the north. We spent most of the day meandering York's narrow cobblestoned streets:




We walked on the walls that surrounded the city and along the River Ouse:



The city is probably most famed for its cathedral, the York Minister. We went inside and climbed nearly 300 steps in the tower to get views of the city.





1 comment:

Juan said...

What great pictures! I'm glad you got out of the house and let some of that stress go. God knows we don't need any more muffin murderers on this earth, lol.